Job for Classification Agent in New Delhi at DHL Express
Job Title – CLASSIFICATION AGENT
DHL is a leading global brand in the logistics industry. DHL’s family of divisions offers an unrivaled portfolio of logistics services, ranging from national and international parcel delivery, international express, road, air, and ocean transport, to industrial supply chain management. With its unrivaled presence in developing markets, DHL is decisively positioned as “THE logistics company for the world”.
DHL Express is a company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 & now is active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. We connect people and improve their lives. And we do it by being uncompromisingly customer-centric and delivering excellence day in and day out. By bringing people together and making life simpler – for our customers, our employees, our investors, and our society – we help make the world a better place.
DHL Express is looking for a zestful Classification Agent to join & lead our talent acquisition team. He/she will have to classify the commodities in a shipment in accordance with the national tariff tables, and determining a preliminary assessment of the duties and taxes payable for shipments imported/exported through DHL Express.
- Role title: Classification Agent
- Corporate/Business: DHL Express
- Department/Function : Operations
- Job family: EXP IN Customs Import
- Reports to: Customs Clearance Manager
He/she will have to perform the following key activities:
- Assist in the maintenance of the duties and tax disbursement records.
- Assist in the reconciliation of the disbursements to the recorded duty and tax statements.
- Assist in the coordination activities between the clearance department and DHL finance/accounts department on the customs clearance-related disbursements.
- Determine the shipment value in accordance with the local valuation guidelines provided by the local authorities.
- Reduce the number of classification errors.
- Determine and classify the shipment commodities in accordance to the national tariff classifications tables available, and determining the corresponding duty and tax rates, taking into consideration:
- Country of origin for preferential treatment;
- Concessions or Exemptions applicable to the shipment commodity or importer/exporter,
- Applicable customer instructions are recorded in the Customer Instruction Database Records.
- Compute a preliminary assessment on the duty and taxes payable to the external agencies and fees or charges payable to DHL.
- Assign the shipment records where it is not able to compute a preliminary duty and tax assessment due to incomplete data to the Clearance Support Group for resolution.
- Assign the shipment record when it is determined to contain prohibited or restricted shipments (as identified from HTS classifications) to Clearance Support for verification and resolution.
- He/she must be able to demonstrate the ability to influence decisions/actions through the provision of value-added inputs into the organization’s business processes.
- Software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Communication skills (English), spoken and written.
- Minimum one year experience in a customs clearance environment.
- Completed High School education.